1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-Nav Classic silver Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lopez92311, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Lopez92311

Lopez92311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just purchased my first Prius two ago. I opted to purchase one without Nav due to budget constraints. What have others done to add Nav and/or backup camera to their ride

2. TsKarma

TsKarma Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can have local vendors install anything from NAV, backup cam, and/or parking sensors to your car for a few hundred bucks. I don't recall my parking sensor's brand and install labor cost off the top of my head, so let me know if you need the specifics.

3. PixelRogue

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    You didn't miss much on the built-in nav... the interface is so SO bad. Only good part about the nav system is the audio through the car speakers. Backup camera quite handy.

4. Dan4500

Dan4500 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Agree with Pixel Rouge about the Nav. Overpriced, and updates are really overpriced. I use a plug-in Garmin. As for the backup cam, look at the posting on this blog Audio and Electronics: Backup Camera.....

5. Lopez92311

Lopez92311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's what I heard pixelrogue. But I'm very interested in putting a backup cam on mine but don't know of the stock stereo will allow any inputs for a aftermarket camera

6. FriarNurgle

FriarNurgle Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I also opted for a base model. Was on the fence about it but got a great deal.

My smart phone is a great navigation tool. Plus it gets free map upgrades and even gets upgraded itself every couple of years. Camera would be nice but the tried and true classic method of using mirrors and actually turning around to see behind me when needed seems to working just fine. Only thing that kinda sucks is the lack of A button to press to use Siri for my iPhone... but it seems like even the loaded models do t have that. So I guess I'll just have to lean forward and press the button on my phone.

7. Lopez92311

Lopez92311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I hear ya friar. It's working so far for me as well but at times I still have those "I wish" moments