1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now A Happy Owner of Persona

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Serendipitee, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Serendipitee

Serendipitee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    everyone,

Next week will be my one month anniversary with my baby Pearl Prius Persona. It's my first brand-new car. So exciting. Love the color, love the look and love the mileage!! Yuppie.

I was introduced to this forum during my car search and have found it so useful. From the forum discussion, I put a Rola Cargo Organizer that fits perfectly in its dimension and looks very stylish. Now, I still have a list of to-do for my car and a few questions to ask.

1. I've noticed some member has a banner below their signature that monitor MPG, etc, almost like a diary for the car. How can sign up to get it with my account?

2. Entune. Got an email for Entune set up. It said it is free for 3 years. Should I sign up? What does is do?

3. Car mats. The car comes with OM floor mats. However, I am in the market looking for something to replace it completely or put over that is dirts and spill-resistant, and easy to clean. I regretted getting them from the dealer but I didn't know I'd the option to remove it from the package quote. The lesson learned from first time car buyer. Does anyone has a good suggestion?

JeremyRay likes this.
  2. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For the mileage thing you want to subscribe (free) to Fuelly.com. You then can enter each fill-up and it will track your mileage.
    They have a link that you can add to your signature line (I think that's how it works--can't remember) to get it to show up in your postings.
    Click on my Fuelly thing to get a look at the site.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome, all the best!(y)

4. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Prius ownership! This car is an engineering marvel, and a lot of people don't realize that. Toyota has invested a tremendous amount of money into hybrid technology, and the reliabilty ratings from numerous consumers is testament to Toyota's engineering. I'm very happy that I'm now in my own Prius (as I was a Prius renter for the past 6 years on and off). It's really cool getting 52-65 miles per gallon driving back and forth to work, especially since my old car only got 22 miles per gallon.

Fahfoofnik likes this.
  5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. Fuelly.com. Sign up then enter your fill up information. Then read their FAQ to learn how to add the banner to your signature.

2. Yes, sign up for Entune. That is how you get the app features like Pandora to work. This assumes you have a smartphone.

3. Look into WeatherTech and Husky floorliners. Those are the brands most of us use.

Congrats and welcome to the forum! :)

6. Serendipitee

Serendipitee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Thank you guys!
    Yea, my last car was 1998 Acura TL. Although I'm the last one in the family to take care of the car, it was driving pretty well, except it only gives me 25 miles, 33 miles at the most. There is a major difference at the frequency for pumping gas on my new Prius. I'm getting 50 MPG.

7. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome! Enjoy The Gas Savings.

8. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to make a "weird" statement about floor mats.

My bare bones Prius did not come with any, and after reading about the OEM mats, I didn't care because I always planned to do aftermarket.

I bought digital fit Weather Tech floor liners (that's technically what they call them). And I'd say they are exactly what Weather Tech say's they are....they fit perfectly, and they protect the interior perfectly.

BUT....(this is where it gets weird) after having owned them for about two months, I don't know if I would recommend them. Why? Well a few things. First of all, they work so good, they absolutely catch everything and anything. That means if I get in my Prius on any rainy day....even the slightest bit of water is going to be repelled and held in the liner. And the flexible plastic like material hides nothing. So they get dirty, real fast, and don't have the ability to hide anything like a rubber all weather mat can.

And I'm a bit split as to how to present the ease of cleaning. If the dirt is "dry", they are easy enough like any mat, to remove and shake out. That is good and easy. If they are wet, you can also remove them and spray them off. That's pretty easy as well.

But after purchasing, when they arrived- Weather Tech sent me a sample of two products, one a "Cleaner" and one a "Protectant". Now the cleaner is of marginal or dubious value. It does clean the mat well, but I think any mild soap or car wash soap would probably clean the mat as well.

When I first got the mats ( Liners ) I was so anxious to install them I just threw them in the vehicle, without applying the sample "protectant". I noticed in just a few days that they were picking up scuff marks real quickly and easily. I got the light gray color which looks great but adds to this problem. I took my drivers side liner out, which had the scuff marks and cleaned and used the sample cleaner and protectant on it.

Well the protectant is almost a necessary MUST imo. Without the protectant the liners were scuffing or showing scuff marks very easily. With the protectant? It captures dirt, but doesn't scuff nearly as easily. The protectant is a non-slick, specific product of Weather Tech. Works great, I think necessary, but NOT cheap. So if you go with Weather Tech digital floor liners, be prepared for them to capture any and all dirt, not really hide any dirt, and be prepared to buy the IMO necessary protectant at about $20 a bottle plus shipping.

I like my liners, but if I had to do over again? I kind of think I might go with the Rubber all weather, from either Weather Tech....they do offer one...OR I'd go with the rubber all weathers from Husky Liners. And the weird reason I say that, is because the digital liners almost work too well.

When clean and protected? They do look great.

bigbearballs and 2k1Toaster like this.