1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBD2 Scanner needed, SoCal, Newport Beach area -

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by makarov76, Jan 17, 2014.

1. makarov76

makarov76 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Short: If you are in Newport Beach Ca, costa mesa, irvine area and can clear fault codes, can you help me? Call/text/ Matt (949-735-93twofour) thanks!
    Hello, my 2011 Prius was on Empty and I floored it to pass and suddenly it said "Hybrid System Error" and went into limp mode. I could drive at 10mph or so with error lights on dash. Filled up but only took 9gal, i've had it take 11.66gal before so i know it wasn't That empty. But too empty to floor it for acceleration i guess.

Anyways, I left the car at the gas station because filling it up did not fix the error lights on dash. it still says hybrid system error and wont go into Drive. South Coast Toyota said its a known problem that you have to tow the car to the dealership and pay "about $100" to turn off the error lights if the owner runs out of gas. If you are nearby i'll have a 6pack of beer for you, to try clearing the fault codes.
    Thank you! Matt 949 735 93twofour
    (tried disconnecting battery, tried pushing start 3 times, no change)