1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBDII connection location in Prius II

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by roperld, Dec 25, 2005.

1. roperld

roperld Junior Member

I just got an OBDII for Christmas. Where do I plug it in? I have a 2005 Prius.

Dave Roper

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The usual place. Just in front of the accelerator on the underside of the dash. Lay on your back on the driver-side floorboard and you'll see it.

3. roperld

roperld Junior Member

Thanks. I found it. It has a cover on it. What is the best way to take off the cover? I messed with it a little, but it apparently does not come off easily.

Dave Roper

4. roperld

roperld Junior Member

I want to attach the readout to the top of the dash in front of the steering wheel. Is there a best way to thread the cable to that spot?

Dave Roper

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't know the 'best way' to thread the cable, you could drop the steering wheel down, run the cable over the top of it then push it back up to sort of pinch it in place? Then there's taking the dash apart and running up the gap b/w the front and back of the dash if it's going to be fairly permanant.

As far as the cover, mine popped right off, don't remember any tricks being necessary.

6. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Dave,
    Saw your photos on the yahoo site!

What have you learned from your OBDII device so far?

It is the instrument you have shown on your dash? Let me know who is the manufacturer and I'll go take a look at it as well.

tnx, glenk

7. roperld

roperld Junior Member

I finally found it. It is immediately under the edge of the dash to the left of the steering wheel, above the accelerator.