1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh No! Dent and small scratches in bumper and grill of new Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by aesthetic, Jul 2, 2014.

1. aesthetic

aesthetic New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Today, when parking in the dark employee parking structure I heard a horrible CRUNCH. Turns out there was a corner jutting out in the bottom of the wall RIGHT where my spot was and I didn't see it.

There was plaster all over my car that made it looked really scratched but I managed to clean that off with some rubbing alcohol and wipes... Unfortunately, some of the plaster kind of spread and made a stain that kind of looks like a scratch. Oh, and I have a horrible dent in the top and bottom of my grill and some scratches on the bottom of the body.

How bad will this be for my wallet? Is there a way for me to order a new grill and clip it on? Please tell me that everything will be okay. :(

Attached Files:

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think you've done an admirable job of minimizing the damage, just by "buffing it out". As long as it's not catastrophic, I find it hard to get worked up over "bumper" damage.

retired4999 likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just to clarify my reasoning:

The bumper is plastic, rust is not a factor. Also, you'll find as soon as you pay a pro to do a pristine repair, you'll get another ding, and you're back where you started. ;)

4. cipsaz187

cipsaz187 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Avoid parking upfront.

5. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does not look to bad, you may want to call a mobile bumper repair company to look at it or if you want to take a drive, there is a body shop in Fountain Valley called Fountain Valley Body Works, great shop who will repair any bumper for $350.00, you may want to have them look at it.

aesthetic likes this.
  6. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Doesn't look too bad. At least it's not "phantom" damage like I keep finding. Random scrapes from road debris (?).

Apparently someone indented what looks like the nut from their front license plate into my rear bumper recently as well. Awesome.

7. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two