Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

P1118 Check engine light code

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by poisonjam, Nov 16, 2011.

Social Buttons

1. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently had someone run a scan on my 2008 prius, which just had a check engine light pop up on it.

It came back with the following code:
    P1118 MANF. CONTROL FUEL AIR METERING

how serious is an issue like this, and what's a worst case scenario for what it may cost to fix? (it's not under warranty, too many miles)

Thank you all for your help,
  2. northwichita

northwichita .

Your Vehicle Year:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any issues (from engine) aside from the check engine light?
  3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1118 is for the coolant temp sensor at the coolant heat storage tank. Had a long thread about this one, also a guy from Chicagoland, where the connector was corroded.

First thing is to check to see if you have coolant in the system, and if you have a leaky engine water pump.
    1 person likes this.
  4. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    northwitchita: No other issues at all, car seems to be running perfectly.
  5. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    seilerts: i'm not really a car person, is this something one with no real experience working on cars could check?
  6. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Let's take a step back. This is covered by powertrain warranty, 5 year or 60,000 miles. Visit a dealer if warranty is applicable.

Unfortunately, this is not a problem that lends itself to an easy fix. If the car is low on coolant, then there is a leak, probably the water pump. If the connector is corroded, then it needs to be repaired. If the sensor is bad, it needs to be replaced.
    1 person likes this.
  7. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it's not under warranty, it's got over 80k miles on it. i bought it used and i'm guessing it was originally a sales car or something like that.