1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pandora on 2014?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Stratman, May 5, 2014.

1. Stratman

Stratman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2014 prius II and was wondering if it plays pandora without using my iPhone. Seems like when I bought it, switching through the "modes" I ran across an "XM" icon but it's not there now. Forgive me but my "stereo" days left me along time and I haven't even ever downloaded a song. I'm more of an analogue guy, other than CD's in my car. Just wanted to know if the feature exists.

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Prius 2 - its a simple display audio. I don't recall u will get XM. it will not play pandora with your iphone.
    to pay streaming audio the car needs a way to get the data. things from the internet has to find a way to come into the car.

the display audio only does AM, FM, CD, USB stick and iPod.
    Toyota Prius Interior, Exterior & Safety Features

3. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    No Prius models plays Pandora without a smartphone. Prius 3 and up trims have the Pandora icon but you still need the phone for the internet connection. You'll have to use Bluetooth or USB to play Pandora through on the phone.

iPhone ?

4. Stratman

Stratman Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the info. I'll just keep streaming with my iPhone via Bluetooth.