1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger Dashboard Trim is Misaligned

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by EVPath, Nov 5, 2014.

1. EVPath

EVPath New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone! This is my first post, and I'm having a problem with my 2007 Prius. A few weeks back I had the vent fixed immediately to the right of the steering wheel, and I noticed later that the passenger side trim is not aligned correctly, right next to the SRS Airbag wording.

Part of the trim is actually above the glove box and it should normally be below it. Does the dealer have to take apart the entire dashboard to fix the vents, and is anyone else having this problem? I am about to take the car back for them to look at it but wanted to get opinions from others here first. See below for a reference picture -- it's not a current one of my car but it shows the problem area, circled in yellow.

upload_2014-11-5_10-52-10.png

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Do upper glove box opening springs still work well? If not it’s likely that one has failed and is pushing dash top up. Only thing that you have to take out to fix no matter if its glove box fault or not is the upper glove box

Petrodollar and EVPath like this.
  3. EVPath

EVPath New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That describes the issue exactly, thanks so much! I will have to try the recommended fix.