1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

persistent appearance of the general warning light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by frederick ekuban, Feb 4, 2013.

1. frederick ekuban

frederick ekuban New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello
    I just changed my inverter coolant pump which is running perfectly well. However in recent times, whenever I'm on the highway withe ac on or there is a sudden brake, the red triangle light pops up. Checks on the inverter pump show that as far that is concerned everything is working. I'm really getting worried over this. Can I please get an expertise comment on what might be the problem?

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Following.

3. Abdullah Jordan

Abdullah Jordan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    like the progress .....

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The problem is almost certainly cased by air in the inverter cooling system because it has not been bled properly. You should see movement in the inverter coolant tank fluid if the car is made ready, if there is no movement this is your problem. It is not good to drive the car until the air is removed from the system.

John (Britprius)

5. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How is the oil level? When the oil level is low, and there is a sharp turn or braking, an error message will show and then go away.

6. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was JUST rushing down the page to state this too, before the OP damages their ICE. The red lights started flashing in my head when I read "sudden brake" and "red triangle" in the same sentence...

Britprius likes this.
  7. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I must admit I did not spot that as I interpreted "there is a sudden brake" to mean something totally different so could be low oil or brake fluid.

John (Britprius)