1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

phone won't connect via bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lmmurphy80, Nov 26, 2013.

1. lmmurphy80

lmmurphy80 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had to replace my 12 volt battery a few weeks ago. I'm also having issues with my samsung galaxy s4. For the last 2 to 3 weeks the phone in the car won't connect and the bluetooth is not working. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the car or is it the phone? If I uninstall the phone and reinstall it does connect but there's no guarantee that it will the next time.

2. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is from the other thread you posted in:
    [QUOTElmmurphy80 said:
    What update? Entunes or the S4 update bc that's about the same time I started having problems

SCH-R970 ?​
    I notice that your S4 model is SCH-R970 from US Cellular and the OS is 4.3.
    Mine is SCH-i337 from AT&T and the OS is 4.2.2
    Did you update your OS or was that on it when you got it? Just wondering if an update may have changed things for sync to radio.
    OOps, sorry lmmurphy80, I missed your earlier post:
    I got mine to pair no problem, but now since I replace my 12 volt battery I'm not getting my phone and the car to connect via bluetooth. I also recently did an upgrade on my s4, so I'm not sure what the problem is: the part or the phone.​
    I'm starting to get the impression that for some reason the 4.3 upgrade may be the culprit.

Last edited by lumpy95, Yesterday at 6:36 PM][/QUOTE]
    Someone else had the same problem after updating their S4 to OS 4.3 in a later post in that thread.
    It could be that newer OS's than when Toyota built their system for the car are not being recognized correctly, just a guess.

3. lmmurphy80

lmmurphy80 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Actually, the problem did start after the update you mentioned. I had a factory reset done on the phone and no problems once again. YAY! Why would a company make an phone update that makes the screen not wake back up and not connect via bluetooth properly? The 4.3 update is no good. If anyone else has this problem, the factory reset fixes it completely. I'm back to having my phone as the music player and phone now :)

4. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good information to know for S4 owners that update to 4.3. Thanks for posting that.

5. ALS

ALS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just had the same problem, it started about two days ago. I have an old LG flip phone (2006) that was in the audio system and still is and the BlueTooth in the car stopped recognizing it. The phone kept trying to connect displaying that the BlueTooth was disconnected. I had to reload the phone back into the audio system under another name to get it to work again with the BlueTooth. Yes, I replaced the 12v back in October but this problem just came up on Friday night. Weird?

6. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just got the 4.3 update on my ATT S4 and so far, things seem to be working ok.