1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked Up-New '07 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dorf, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just picked up my new '07 Prius. Classic Silver , Package #2.

What a wonderfull technologically inovative machine.

The continuous variable transmission is great. It just goes and goes and climbs hills without strain(so far)

You will be doing 70-80 MPH before you know it. It is hard to slow down.

Thanks to all on this board that have answered my questions.

I asked the Dealer about the Tax Incentive---Their answer was....We don't know anything about it. That was disappointing. I expected better.-But the info is here....ThANKS !

2. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dorf @ Jun 15 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]462423[/snapback]</div>
    Wow! Congrats! Same Prius I got, too... color and pkg! I took delivery 12/29/06. I thought six months later the honeymoon would be over, but it certainly isn't lol. I look forward to driving it and am just as excited about my purchase 6 months later ;)

One suggestion to you would be to get a clear bra on the bumper and hood area asap to protect it from any road debris.

3. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine is a Classic Silver package 4, now a couple of weeks old. It's an impressive car in many ways, not just the technologies inside, the toys to play with and the visual appeal both inside and out, but the power, performance and the fact that it can be so engaging to drive on so many different levels.

I drove a Honda Element for 4 years before the Prius, and I wasn't at all keen on parting with it because it has been great fun to drive and use even though it no longer turned heads the same way it did when it was the only one on the roads in my area. Still I don't think I'll ever regret the decision.

As to the tax incentive, a Prius bought in this quarter will qualify the original owner for a tax credit of $787.50 when claimed on your 2007 federal tax return. There's a page at http://www.toyota.com/prius/tax.html with the basic info.

4. sapleas001

sapleas001 New Member

Dorf I am so jealous! YOu got the Prius that I wanted except I want mine in red. But Congrats!!!

5. aznDragonX

aznDragonX Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ Jun 15 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]462446[/snapback]</div>

I can't agreed with you more on this one! I am not drive my Prius without putting on Clear Bra first!!! Learned that with my 1992 Camry. I HATE ROCK CHIPS!!!!

Ebay seller "chipgardman" is a good person to deal with for 3M clear bra and really good price! I bought 3 kits from him so far!

oh..BTW..Congrat on your new purchase! I traded in my Lexus IS300 for a 07 Prius and loving it!