1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

plug-in hybrid vehicle being charged, driven and analyzed

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Nevillewc, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Nevillewc

Nevillewc New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Video from Toyota of a plug in Prius.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/tech/environment/phv/road_tests/index.html

Doesn't give much away, like range :( but does show charging time.
    Does the screen shot that show a box labeled EV (Japanise characters) 13km show the estimate of how far the remaining charge will go?

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice video

dont think this is to long away

maybe end of 2009?
    i mean that toyota is providing this i now that you can already do this.

3. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Toyota understands quality and how you achieve it. One principle is that you can't rush quality. When you make changes, these changes must be tested and evaluated to see if those changes actually gave you the results you were looking for.

Toyota knows enough to know that you can't rush plug-in hybrids to market without thorough testing and "quality cycles," where you test, tweak, test some more, and basically take your time to be sure you have improved a product, and not produced unwanted side effects that diminish quality.

Harry

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Exactly why rush it. It's not like they aren't selling a high quality high mpg product. That's GM's position. They're the one likely to rush the volt and have issues. That is if they actually come out with a product. I wish there was a line in vegas you could bet on. I'd make a lot of money.