1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in Supply PHEV Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by fopoku2k2, Jul 29, 2015.

1. fopoku2k2

fopoku2k2 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anybody still using a plug-in supply phev conversion kit? Kindly share your existence.

Also is it true that they are the only ones still in the business of plug-in conversions?

How easy are their diy kits?

A0001 ?

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think boulder hybrids does them? when you click the link on their site though, there's no info.

3. Kaze

Kaze Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just finished a successful install with Plug-In-Supply last weekend, every went well.
    Assembling battery pack took a day and installation took another day of figuring out assembly.
    Everything works great, installation was pretty easy as installation anything on your car.

Dylan Doxey and Cloude1 like this.
  4. Cloude1

Cloude1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Kaze,
    Could you keep us up to date as to how the kit works. I was about to purchase the kit from PIS for my Gen2, but it "died".
    Anyway have a Gen3 now and am interested in installing one.

5. fopoku2k2

fopoku2k2 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    did u keep a video or picture journal of your installation? would be great to share and also give us regular feedback about the performance.

6. Kaze

Kaze Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It was pretty easy and straight forward, a lot of time was figuring out how to get everything hidden from view.
    I got the 7Kw pack as any more would take my trunk space up and require a spring change due to weight.

The add-on battery back charges your prius battery to full every so often so you can keep yourself in EV mode when around 50 mph.
    There is also a kill switch which isn't as recommend where you can kill the internal combustion engine off.

I took some pictures here and there of major things, but not a complete DIY tutorial, not sure if anyone is interested in these.
    I'll definitely report back once I've driven the car more about the performance of the battery and estimated range.

TGrracie, fopoku2k2 and redhotz like this.
  7. James Analytic

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Any updates?