1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power source control replaced at 1100 miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by amithereyet, Apr 20, 2009.

1. amithereyet

amithereyet New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I just picked up my 2009 Prius following replacement of the power source control at 1100 miles. Is this a harbinger of bad things to come or should I just assume that this problem didn't reflect another major issue?

The symptoms were the car would fail to start intermittently, with the display either being totally dead or having the door open light on with continuous dinging.

The good part of this: both the repair and loaner were free!

I appreciate the help forum members gave me with trying to diagnose the problem in another thread, which I highjacked by mistake.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Since I have driven my 2004 Prius 145,500 miles in 5 years without any repairs (other than normal maintenance), you just had an "infant mortality" issue (rare, but they do occur) which is why your Prius has a warranty. Enjoy this great car.

JeffD

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It is simply a reminder that even reliable systems occasionally fail. It doesn't mean you have a lemon, it only means you hit the backward jackpot on one part of your car.

Tom