1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2007 Gass Gauge stuck

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Ali Almourady, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Ali Almourady

Ali Almourady New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey,

Here's my problem the gass gauge is not working properly, it recently happened that it is stuck at 1 dot and it keeps flashing I filled the gas a couple of times and its still stuck at the same place it is really weird because it never happened I tried to re calibrate the sensor by the ODO Trip and it did not work any help would be appreciated, If I remove the battery would it help? for example would the sensor unstuck?

Regards

Ali Almourady

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How much gas do you put in on the fillups? If you put in 3 gallons or less, this can happen. You can Disconnect the negative on your battery for a few seconds to reset.

3. Ali Almourady

Ali Almourady New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks very much it worked I disconnected the battery and it worked.

usnavystgc likes this.
  4. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have something kind of similar...would the battery disconnect fix this issue?

I've noticed that my gas gauge seems to be off for the last six months or so. I usually get around 42 MPG on my 2006 and around 430 miles per tank. Now when my add fuel warning goes off lately I'm around 330 miles!

I just filled up today and the auto shutoff on the pump hit at around 8 gallons. I kept topping it off and was able to squeeze in about another gallon. Could this be a problem with the float inside the tank or something like what the OP mentioned?

5. Ali Almourady

Ali Almourady New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yes could be or you can re calibrate it

6. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On the second page of this thread is a procedure to recalibrate the fuel gauge. I have not tried it. It is also not recommended to top off the fuel tank by repeatedly clicking the nozzle. That can lead to soaking of the evap canister. The bladder in the GenII tank was just a bad idea, and was discontinued.

False Fuel gauge readout? | PriusChat

7. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How do you do that?