1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius as a Work Horse

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by timm, Apr 29, 2016.

1. timm

timm Medical Transport Driver

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My first Prius was a 2005 model that I worked hard for ten years on a rural mail route. My new 2016 work horse will be used to deliver people instead of U.S. Mail. I put on between two and three hundred miles a day.
    My passengers and I are very pleased with the nice quiet ride and comfy seats in the new Prius work horse I purchased. I took it easy on my first run to get to know the car. Transported a lady 67.4 miles to her home and averaged 67.4 MPG! Yep, that's right only burned one gallon of gas to accomplish that mission. Temp was 55 degrees, so the climate control kept us comfortable set at 73 degrees in the ECO mode.The roads we traveled were fairly level and I used the Dynamic Cruise Control to keep pace with traffic. (Barely had to touch the brake or accelerator pedals, the car did it automatically!)

Attached Files:

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations, sounds good.

How many miles did the 2005 achieve in the 10 years?

3. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For rides to the airport for longer trips, I hire a lady who also works as a visiting nurse and drives older folks to and from medical visits as well. After driving my 2011 Gen 3, she bought one and is very happy with it. In bad winter weather, she uses her husband's RAV4.

I "sold" another new Gen 3 to a friend who commutes back and forth to NYC a lot for her family's business. She isn't concerned about mpg but loves it more for the comfort and for not having to stop at gas stations all the time.

Still waiting for my commission check from Toyota.

alanclarkeau likes this.