Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prius being destroyed

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by adric22, Aug 10, 2011.

Social Buttons

1. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not that I agree in anyway with the content of this video, but happen to run across it yesterday and thought I'd share it with the Gen-1 enthusiasts out there.. Poor Gen-1 prius being purposefully destroyed by Top Gear.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Your Vehicle Year:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And you're taking this seriously because?

I don't attach any more seriousness to this clip, than I do to The Prius scenes or commentary in the movie "The Other Guys".

I suppose if you want? You can waste time being offended. But my suggestion to any Prius Chatter...or Leaf supporter that is going to be offended by Clarkson or Top Gear?

Don't watch Top Gear or listen to Clarkson.
  3. Chuck.

Chuck. Honda Enzyte Driver

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Hybrid
    Clarkston actually did a good hypermiling episode on an Audi diesel from Scotland to London, and I bet it took an iron will not to slam the accelerator for him. :D
  4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Your Vehicle Year:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yeah, I saw that episode. But the truth is, Jeremy Clarkson only champions diesels to the extent that he can "illuminate" how much a better choice he feels the compromise of a diesel is, in comparison to a Hybrid or EV. So his hypermiling with a the Audi, becomes just another way he can beat the drum of how it's foolish for anyone to buy a Hybrid or EV.

But at least it's a start.
  5. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it held it quite well under the assault, and it definitely looks like they had to purposely light the fire under the hood.

But yeah, go ahead and buy the Golf TDI, and keep your highest limit credit card on file with the repair shop.
  6. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I had wondered what exactly could have been burning right there and I couldn't think of anything.. At least nothing that could have ignited just because of a bullet. I wonder where that car ended up. I bet I could have repaired it and made it work again.
  7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I guess they ran out of Morris Minors......