1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Clear Bra | Nose Mask | Hood Guard

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Delta Flyer II, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello fellow Prii owners…..

I was wondering if anyone has the Clear Bra on their C or the Black Nose Mask?

If you can post pics of what you have and how you're liking it; it would be appreciated.

I have a Clear Bra on my Gen3, but thinking about adding one to the C, just costly, but I have to do something as I'm starting to see pits from commuting.

I've come across the precut Clear Bras on eBay and such for $85 seems like a good buy.

Hows the fit and finish on the Black Nose Mask? Any issues? Rubbing?

Anyone have a hood guard? Do they make one? Clear or Black plastic?

Thanks everyone…

As always much appreciated for all input given.

LnG likes this.
  2. jz13prius

jz13prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I installed the clear bra on old of my C2 and fenders. It's a pretty easy install but I didn't want to attempt the bumper by myself. I didn't want to mess it up, so I bought a full bra kit from Colgan and it fits like a glove and there is no rubbing. Colgan is the way to go if you buy a bra in my opinion. Here a few pix of my C2 with bra. What ya think?
    Also if you go to Next Level Ride you will find the 3m clear hood, fender and mirror bra for $80 with install kit and instructions.

IMG_00001553.jpg IMG_00001548.jpg IMG_00001526.jpg

3. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    AWESOME!

Thanks so much JZ…..

Looks good…

Looks nice and snug!

4. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FWIW

I sell older genII Prii and every time I find a 5-10 year old Prius with one of these "clear" bras on it, it is no longer clear. Additionally the bugs and rock chips go right through them and after I remove whats left of it ( which is a PITA) there is a noticeable line where the paint that is slightly faded from the sun and the protected paint is.

I strongly recommend not getting one of these but instead spend your money on waxing the front end of the car regularly and cleaning off the bug guts as soon as possible. They are much easier to clean off a car that is routinely waxed.

I have had similar experiences with cars with leather/vinyl bras.