1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c Four - Took delivery March 7th!!!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by sameasbeforebut, Mar 8, 2012.

1. sameasbeforebut

sameasbeforebut New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Wow! I couldn't be happier with my Prius c... Picked it up yesterday, took it home, took a few pictures, then took it out for a 40-mile ride...

First off, I TOTALLY understand why Toyota was disappointed with the mileage ratings. I absolutely am getting better mileage than 46 highway and 53 city. My 40-mile drive started along the NH seacoast (Route 1-A), continued on a short highway stretch, then took some more hilly and winding back roads home again. From 30 mph to 70 mph and back again. I also drove it on my 100 mile commute to work today (50 miles each way), and couldn't seem to get less than 45 mpg on the highway even at just above 70 while still accelerating. Backroads (especially on my drive yesterday) even saw averages of mid 60s, and at one point, the "current" rating topped out at 99.9 mpg (and yes; I WAS still moving). And the seats were just as comfortable after an hour's drive as when I first got in.

I'm also totally impressed with the size of the interior, the over all ride, and even some doubtful coworkers remarked on its looks. I also own a Honda Pilot (for some DJ equipment), and I expected to find that I'd prefer the luxury of its size and smooth ride. But, the "c" is absolutely going to be my preferred ride (especially comparing the only 20 mpg in the Pilot). And the Four's heated SofTex seats and outside mirrors will come in handy up here in NH. Yet, the power moonroof and 16" wheels will be nice to help enjoy a brisk drive on our New England roads during the summer weather too!

Sooooooo happy right now...

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congratulations and glad to know it's going to be used even more than you thought. Having to buy the Four to get the heated mirrors sucks, since they're a cold-morning convenience.

3. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    How do you like the Softex leather seats? I'm dismayed by people's initial reactions on this board, many people saying it feels cheap and that the cloth seats were more plush. Anyway I too chose the c Four (actually Premium Package in Canada) so I could get heated seats and heated mirrors - something that will come in VERY handy up here in Toronto.

4. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great to hear you're getting better MPGs than Toyota/EPA figures. The four is well equipped and has the goodies that will make life easier for drivers in New England.

Keep us posted on your average MPGs since you'll build that data base up 100 miles or so a day. Seems like half the population is looking at this car very carefully! Pop some of those pictures you took on the thread!

5. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Awesome congratulations! I was also suprisred on how nice the interior was and the quality in a car like this. Even the softtex seats were much better then I expected and my 5 others cars have leather. I think someone want to convinced them self's to save money to go with lower trims.

What color did you get? Those 16" alloys not only handle better since they are winder but the steering ration form Toyota was changed to give better response and quicker turn in then the smaller wheels.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you checked out the Prius v Touring or Touring + Tech package or the 2012 Prius Technology Package or even the 2012 Camry SE V6 w/ Leather + Moonroof package? All those vehicles have SofTex leather seats if you wish to check it out before the c arrives.

7. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Best of Luck with your new "c".

8. sameasbeforebut

sameasbeforebut New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Not at all disappointed with the SofTex... My interior is the black option (can't comment on the grey/blue option) and there is a nice and subtle pattern on them (and the dash) that even friends have noted adds to their appeal. My daily ride to work is almost an hour, and I have yet to feel as if they are, in any way, "uncomfortable". My ONLY criticism (which would be the same regardless of cloth or SofTex) is the angle of the headrest (which apparently isn't adjustable) tilts slightly more forward than "I" prefer... But that is intended to help prevent neck injuries if ever in a crash. My solution is simply to tip the seatback rearward an extra click, and now I don't even notice.

You'll be AMAZED also at just how fast, fast, FAST the heated seats warm up (butt and back), and even remain warm when turned off!!!

With already over 300 miles on mine, I have yet to find anything disappointing in the "c". The only thing I can imagine making it more complete would be a backup camera built into the navigation system (pretty surprised actually that one wasn't just included). The car is certainly small enough that you don't "need" one; but I'm so used to using on in my other car, that my head keeps waiting to "see" what's behind me (LOL).

All in all... I'm very happy!
    :D

9. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    Great to hear at least one positive review of the softex seats! My next question to you is how do you like the ride with the 16" wheels? Might be hard to compare of you haven't driven the c One, Two, or Three but a lot of reviews say the 16" wheels will have a rougher ride and larger turning radius.

It's interesting to see that in the US you have the choice between black softex or blue-grey, at least according to Toyota.com. In Canada we have only black softex as an option.

10. opkyle

opkyle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Prius c Four - Going to pick mine up Monday 12th

Can;t wait to get mine home. Will pick it up Monday. Summer rain!