1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius for trade professions and seeing clients - it's perfect

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rondocap, Mar 9, 2013.

1. rondocap

rondocap Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I like to pay attention to details in how clients and people react to how one presents himself, especially when it comes to cars. I am a car enthusiast, so I am more sensitive to this than most other people. I have a Porsche Boxster as my fun car, and a BMW 335i as my other car/wifes, along with my Prius Plugin.

Now, putting aside the huge savings in gas, I will always take the Prius to see clients and customers. It makes a huge impact. (I would never even consider driving the Porsche, as fun as it would be for me to drive to work, it's just a very bad image to portray)

The BMW can work in a pinch, but you'll still get some comments or perhaps some negative reaction to it. The Prius is really ideal, and here's why.

First, it really blends in and is considered an a fairly affordable car, with most models being in the $20k's.

This portrays to the client that you do have a well-kept newer car, but it's not flashy and is sensible, so they likely won't have an adverse reaction to something flashy.

A lot of contractors show up with pick up trucks, but not nearly as much around here. Not only are they gas drinkers, I would not really have much use for the storage. The MPG is much better for me.

Nowadays with the economy still being tough, it's good to have every advantage you can and be as presentable as possible to clients without raising any eyebrows.

Have you guys had similar experiences?

Mrpcar likes this.
  2. shep9t

shep9t Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    totally agreed, with my lexus LS V8, some client had negative feeling, but with prius it is giving out very positive image....

3. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Same for the industry I am in. I actually just had a run in yesterday with a customer who is a big Prius fan, when he found out that I bought a Prius our conversation lasted 3x longer than normal.

4. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Anti-Eco Company Car

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i'm in sales, if i need to fit more than 2 people it's not fun - we're all tall.

5. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My buddy is in sales too, high tech computer stuff....he drives a new Cadillac. In his perspective, BMW and Mercedes are TOO nice giving off the wrong image like you are earning TOO much off the client BUT a Camry or "cheaper" car would put off the image that you aren't successful enough then not giving enough confidence to the client. He thinks the Cadillac sits in the in between spot. Odd.

6. raimix

raimix Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    very similar as my trade, i visit my clients all the time. they often comment on how efficient hybrid, or prius is.
    it can help the relationship that much better if clients view it favorable