1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius fun facts?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mikeg, Jul 31, 2007.

1. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Awhile back somebody posted a single page pdf (or link to an article that had the pdf) showing the various "equivalences" of 1 person riding in Prius. For example it would take 12 people riding in Hummer (or something along those lines) to bring the pollution level of that trip down to the level of 1 person riding in a Prius. I probably screwed that explanation up but is that ringing any bells with anyone? I know that pdf was posted somewhere on PriusChat but I'm not having any luck with the search. At any rate, I think that would be perfect for the OP to print out and present to his friend.

2. diamondlarry

diamondlarry EPA MPG #'s killer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that PDF too. There are a lot of trucks/SUV's in the parking lot where I work and most of them only carry one person. It's kind of ironic that the people that do carpool where I work are the ones that have cars that are more efficient than the bigger vehicles.

3. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, it's more important to be more careful with the word "everyone." If -everyone- drove a Prius, then the number of cars would increase dramatically, but so would the number of drivers both nationwide and worldwide. Think about the minors, people who choose to not drive, and people who are not permitted to drive. If we put them all on the roads, woe would be me!

~ dan ~

4. PoulStaugaard

PoulStaugaard Now a PriusOwner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    At current capacity, it would take Toyota about 25.000 years to produce a Prius for everyone on Earth. At least half of them will be worn out before they are done.

5. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I found it! The pdf I was thinking of. (Had to follow through on this or it would've driven me insane). There's a little section in the flyer titled "How many carpoolers does it take...".

It was originally posted in this thread:

http://priuschat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34207

Enjoy!