1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius spotted in new Movie "Must Like Dogs".

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Godiva, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Diane Lane is a preschool teacher whose husband divorces her. Eight months later her large family does an intervention trying to set her up on dates. Father is played by Christopher Plummer. One of his new girlfriends is played by Stockard Channing.

John Cusack has also been divorced by his wife. He builds teak boats for sculling by hand, except he hasn't sold any. There is a significant scene in which he and Diane are driving around town in his Prius, looking for a Drug Store that is both open and well-stocked. It was a night scene so couldn't see much. Looked like a 2004-05 Silver Prius with a gray interior. She does ask if the car can go any faster. He replies "Yes, but I think we'll have liftoff." I was half expecting him to say "Yes, but it will hurt my mileage."

For those that like dogs, there is a lovely Newfoundland named 'Mother Teresa' who eventually finds her roots and takes the plunge. There is also a little white terrier who likes "Dr. Zhivago".

The dialogue wasn't dumbed down, and the audience burst into laughter in several spots. It was a little predictable, but not annoying. I'm pretty critical (especially when I'm paying $9) but I have no complaints. It was entertaining and worth the price. (Although the popcorn was way overpriced.)

2. tckramer

tckramer New Member

This may have been posted already but there was a Prius in War of the Worlds and Will Ferrel drove one in kicking and screaming.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Are you sure it was the car she was talking about? :p

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes.

But I'm not sure it was the car he was referring to when he answered.

:mrgreen: