1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Taxis

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by skruse, Jan 7, 2014.

1. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Spent the holidays in the Seattle area. I am always delighted to see and make use of bright yellow Prius taxis. We landed in Seattle and took a Prius taxi from Sea-Tac to the ferry and back. The taxi drivers speak well of their Prius taxis.

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Up the road in Vancouver there are a lot of Prius taxis. Second gen, 3rd gen, and the numbers of Prius v taxis are increasing quickly. It's funny to driving downtown and notice you're surrounded by Prius. Or have someone try to hail you, LOL.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius v makes perfect sense as a taxi because of the flexible rear seating arrangement and large cargo area (especially dealing with international travellers). They may not get under 5L/100km but at least the passengers will be comfortable and there's no need to tie the tailgate down with string.

That being said, I have noticed that Camry Hybrids are getting some attention as taxis even with the smaller trunk. It's mostly in cities where the airport is a good distance from town so I guess the drivers want passing power.