1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

**Read First** How to post News Articles on PriusChat

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As many of you have seen, the PriusChat portal is now a news center for Toyota Prius & Hybrid automotive news. The news that is posted on the portal page comes directly from you, our members.

In order to post news on PriusChat, please follow the following quick guidelines:
    • Try to include the Story Title, then only post a summary of the story, or the first paragraph of the story, then include a link to the news story (for long hyperlinks please use text links).

Enjoy the new News Section of PriusChat, and please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Danny

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Subscriiption Based Content

Hi Danny -

For news stories that require registration/subscription, would you prefer that we copy/paste text or insert the web page?

Having just posted a NY Times article, I wasn't sure whether to copy/paste the text, copy/paste the link, use the insert URL command, use the insert Web Page command to the main story, or use the insert Web Page command to the printer-friendly version of the story.

I know other people clicking on the link will have to register. I know inserting the text avoids that problem, but at the cost of losing the pictures/graphics. I'm assuming inserting the Web Page avoids the registration problem, but I'm not sure. I gather you're trying to discourage people from inserting Web Pages, presumably to conserve space or bandwidth, but I don't know whether to make an exception for subscription-based content, and if I do, I don't know whether to direct it to the main page or the printer-friendly page.

By the way, after playing with it and posting a test message, I now understand the insert URL command. Took me a while to figure out that "Web Page Name" actually means "Insert Web Page Description or Other Text".

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Fortunately for most websites that require log in you can use the following information:

(Thanks to Cybele for posting this info and ArtsJournal for providing the generic log-in)

username: [email protected]
    password: access

So, if the site requires registration, please include this log in information with the article link/summary.

4. fjef

fjef Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"20838)</div>

• Danny - I am on an expensive wireless connection in downtown Tokyo - just came across this bit of news:

Orders soar for Toyota's hybrid SUV

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 at 07:22 JST
      NAGOYA — Toyota Motor Corp said Monday orders for its two new models of gasoline-electric hybrid sport utility vehicles were three times its initial monthly projection of 1,000 units.

Orders for the Harrier and Kluger Hybrids came to 3,200 units in the one-month period from their debut on March 22 in Japan, Toyota said, adding that it had projected monthly orders of 500 for each. (Kyodo News)

I can't find the 'select news category' drop down - but I thought this was worth it!

5. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Would you consider having the link at the top as part of the guidelines? I like to go directly to the link from the home page when possible to read the story, and that would cut down on a few PriusChat hits required (no need to go to the thread, then find the link) if there are others who browse like this as well.

6. metamatic

metamatic Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Where is this "Select News Category" of which you speak?

7. tag

tag Senior Member

I believe what Danny was referring to applied to the old board. Now, all you need to do is post a new topic in this forum (Prius and Hybrid News). The post will appear as a "News" article on the board.

8. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Would somebody please personally care to update this entry for the Invision Board software?

[edit]
    I retract this post. It actually works now when one just posts, unlike before when we first switched over to this new software.

9. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you need a password to go to a new source, try bugmenot.com

10. Carls

Carls Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Danny, can you tell me where the "selecty News Catagory list is? I would like to post questions, but I cannot find the method. Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.