1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Thule Bike Rack: Gateway 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by chikai, Jul 10, 2011.

1. chikai

chikai Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here is bike on my new rack.

I have put on two bikes at most and works fine.

THULE GATEWAY 3 RACK

[​IMG]

And here is the toy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. indyV

indyV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've had a bad experience with the latch on racks like yours. Since then, I've gotten a hitch and a hitch mounted bike rack. Just be careful out there.

3. olyprius

olyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Your bike attachment looks pretty lightweight (might save a fraction more on mpg) vs a hitch setup and pretty convenient to just toss in the car when not in use.

But if that attachment is eating up at the paint of your car, then ya I'd make the switch to a hitch setup or you can start a DIY mod by adding some sticky 3M felt/foam to the bike attachment where it makes contact to the paint.

You must have a really nice house having dual water heat tanks sitting in the garage, I'm jealous. :p

4. analoggirl

analoggirl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    how are you feeling about the rack? i need to get something to haul my kids bikes up through yosemite so looking for something that is solid on highway and steep terrain. this is not something i'll be using often.

i'd love to hear what others are happy with!!