1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by visin, May 1, 2015.

1. visin

visin New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thinking of a 2014 prius 2. do you guys recommend that model and the pricus C in general? what do you think is a good price for a new 2014 - there is a cash rebate also going on. I am in DFW, Texas.
    would you recommend the prius c model 2?

2. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Can't comment on prices in the DFW area. Unless you have a small garage or small parking spaces, I see no reason to buy a C2 over a hatchback 2 if you can afford the price difference. More interior room, more trunk, more power, more refinement especially at freeway speeds, and higher safety scores.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm thinking right around 20k.

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Right now the adult-sized Prius is averaging close to 3K under MSRP, and it's close enough to the efficiency of the C-type that I'd seriously consider a G3 instead....provided that you're not opting for the C-type for parking or other reasons.

For some reason, I'm not seeing as much of a reduction in prices for the C....but if the price close, I'm taking the G3.

Drive both.
    A lot.

Make sure you're comfortable with the one that you decide to buy.

Good Luck!
    Post results.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    oh wait, did you say 2014? make it 18k.

6. visin

visin New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    what is a G3? newbie here

7. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

our new 2014, bought new about one month ago was three thousand off sticker here in tulsa

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    G3 = generation 3, 2010-2015.

9. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    "Generation 3" of the hatchback model of the Prius. Model years 2010 through current.

10. visin

visin New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    guys I am getting a quote of 16,500 + TTL for prius 2 C. good price?I am 6'2", 250. will it be too small?

11. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    16.5 might be a lowball price.

Negotiate an OTD price and beware of the "admin" or "Doc" fees.
    There are several 6+ footers in these cars, so you'll have to ask them......more importantly......drive the car.

Like....for a looooong test drive.
    Buying a car after a 5-minute test flight is like marrying a person you had lunch with one time.

Yeah.....you know it CAN work....but..... ;)

WE0H and tk1971 like this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    take it for a loooooooooong test drive.:p

13. PeterHaas

PeterHaas Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got mine for $16,400 plus the "usual suspect" non-negotiable add-ons (delivery, DMV, etcetera), so $16,500 is a decent price in today's market, depending on your location and its competitive situation.

My theory was this: fuel is at an almost all-time low, and dealers have an overstock of 2014 Prius cs, so no economic benefit to buy hybrid, unless the dealer's consumer price is also low, which proved to be true.

I used a Toyota on-line system to identify dealers within 50 miles or so of my residence, and the two farthest away ones gave me a song and a dance, but no firm price in any of their e-mails, whereas my local dealer (only 4 miles away from my residence) provided a firm price in his first e-mail response.

This is my first Toyota and, indeed, my first Japanese car, and I could not be happier with my choice.

All the negatives which CR noted in their report were not present in my car.

City MPG is about 50, whereas road MPG is about 40 ... right on what Toyota claims.

Comfort and noise level are quite good.

I am single, no kids, and do not need room for more than two adults, although the ability to comfortably transport four persons is certainly a plus. Cargo space is more than adequate, and is truly exceptional with the rear seat down (which is not possible with my mid-sized AWD SUV).

I am 6'3" and weigh in at 182 (low) to 192 (average), with a max of 202 when I have been imprudent.

Parenthetically, I far prefer the relative simplicity of the One (over, say, the Two, Three or Four), and the One has a very competent standard feature set.

I do not use the standard wireless (non-chip) key. Rather, I use a non-Toyota duplicate of the Master key, which a local locksmith made for me on an ILCO X217/TR47 blank.

Word to the wise: ACE Hardware and other non-locksmiths often have key cutting machines which are not calibrated properly for the very precise depth cuts which the Toyota "10 position/4 depth" keys mandate in order to reliably actuate the door and ignition locks.

This approach works, of course, as the One does not have a "chip key", also known as an "imobilizer" key. Higher trim levels will undoubtedly require gen-u-wine Toyota keys, with their chips, in most instances.

Sorry if this post has TMI.

14. greenmonster01

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's a good price... truecar should come out about the same.

Like ETC(ss) says, the devil is in the details... destination change and dealer fees can make a good deal not so good.

If the 16500 includes destination, doc fees, regional fees, than that's a GREAT deal...

15. PeterHaas

PeterHaas Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Nope, it doesn't.

The non-negotiable inland transportation charge of roughly $750 will be added, as will local sales taxes, if any, and DMV fees ... PLUS a "tire remediation charge" in some states (a built-in allowance for disposing of your brand-new tires, when there time comes due a couple of years hence).

So, figure on $16,400-$16,500 plus about $2,000 (more or less) in non-negotiable add-ons.

As you said, the devil is in the details ... IF my residence was in my County, yet not within any City within that County, the sales tax would be 8.25 percent, but as I live in the City, my sales tax was 8.75 percent. This is obviously determined by inspection of your identity documents, which the dealer will scan for later transmission to the local and state taxation authorities.

16. visin

visin New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I will let you guys know what the real price is

17. spyderx

spyderx Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    dont know about "Thank God for Texas" - heard it at a country row dancing club... but for 2014 C2 my car, BTW, I paid 17k or 18.5k OTD... GL

yeah, it's a great car!

18. PLSPUSH

PLSPUSH Active Member

I'm 6'4 and 230 #s, fit just fine

19. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 5'8 and 500 lbs.
    I need an engine hoist just to be put on my specially made extra large titanium bed pan.

What was the point of this conversation again?

WE0H likes this.
  20. Victor Wong

Victor Wong New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I bought my 2014 C2 OTD 19.2K. Package 3 has the GPS thing. 5'9 250 LBS and I fit perfectly fine with the seat pushed back.

This is California Prices.