1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rosen navigation stop working.....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by us_matrix, Nov 11, 2014.

1. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I have been using the Rosen unit since 2011 but the navigation is completely dead now when I press the Nav button it shown in blank screen without any sound or anything. Radio, CD, DVD and rear camera are all working fine. I tried the reset button by using a tip point pen but no help at all. Anyone ever seem that problem? Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Buckets

Buckets New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I'm having the same type of problem on my 2012 Prius. I'm getting an "Out of memory" message. Rosen suggests deleting stored information such as destination searches I've made in the past to free up space on my SD card. As yet, this has not worked. I'm at a loss. My Nav. system will not work (even though the radio does)

3. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not sure if you systems support it, but my Rosen has a support website called http://www.naviextras.com. You can create an account and download to your PC a "toolbox" which has programs to update either the USB drive or SD card for your Rosen. Some updates are free. I think the free ones can at least keep the system running where as the "paid" updates will give you the latest maps. Once Naviextras are installed correctly on your Rosen, periodic automatic updates occur via the satellite antenna during the startup process.

4. Buckets

Buckets New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Can this Toolbox be downloaded to a Mac and then transferred to my SD card? If not, do you think I could have someone
    with a PC download it and give my SD card to them to transfer it for me???

5. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm not sure. I went to the website and it didn't seem to be restricting MACs. I would suggest you create an account there and inquire if your device (Rosen model) is supported and maybe a tech support person on their site could answer if the problem you are having could be solved with an update. I have the Rosen "Piranha" NAV in my Toyota. You should go thru the website's supported devices to see if yours is listed.
    Also, you might want to contact Rosen directly with your question/problem. Here's their tech support website: Rosen Entertainment : Dealer Extranet : Tech Support

#5 phoenixgreg, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018