1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Satellite Radio v. Podcasts v. Pandora **FREEBIES**

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dweezil, May 16, 2011.

1. Dweezil

Dweezil Cat Juggler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've had satellite radio on my previous cars, and finally came to the conclusion that it just wasn't worth it. What started out as a good idea (commercial free radio) turned into commercial laden radio that plays the same songs over and over. Personally, I would rather just listen to podcasts or Pandora. And, as far as regular ol' terrestrial radio goes...I don't even waste my time, unless I'm looking for where to buy a new matress, find a lawyer, or buy a car from some yelling overzealous salesperson.

BTW, if you haven't checked out The PriusChat podcast (Podcast | PriusChat) or the What Drives Us podcast (What Drives Us | Alternative Fuel Weekly Podcast), you should check them out. Both are moderated by PriusChat members, and are fun/informative weekly shows. The price is right at $0. :D

*FREEBIE ALERT*
    ANYWAY, I've noticed that over the course of the last week or so, the satellite radio in the Blue Guac has been working. I think SirusXM ran a free trial around this time last year for a few weeks. I'm assuming that they're doing the same thing again now. So, if you are curious about satellite, or just want to play around with more of the toys that your Prius offers, give it a shot.