1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

scanguage vrs. BAFX OBD2 with Torque

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by mark schofield, Dec 2, 2013.

1. mark schofield

mark schofield Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi All; I just bought a Priuc C 2 for the wife. I have a scanguage II for my Tacoma. Would I get just about the same information with an OBD2 transmitter and the Torque android app. I've got an older Galaxy S2 which I could use as the dedicated display.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You will be able to get the same information with the Torque app as with the SGII. With the Torque app and your phone you will be able to display more data than with the SGII. The SGII is limited to 4 data points to display but Torque is only limited to the size and number of points that can be displayed on one screen.

ztanos likes this.
  3. mark schofield

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    thanks for the advice. i'll probably go that route and see what happens.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Search on here for a thread on Custom PID's for Torque for the Prius c. vincent1449p has put together a spreadsheet with all of the PID's.

5. mark schofield

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    JD; thanks for the heads up on the Torque app. I got an OBD bt transmitter and downloaded the app. Like $20 total. worth it for the temp gauge alone.