1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scion considering a new model for their lineup

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ozyran, Jun 22, 2007.

1. ozyran

ozyran New Member

(Full Story Here)
    It looks intriguing. I wonder what 'packages' the 'service' contracts will be offered in?

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Personally I think they should base it on the XB. The form is already there. Just chop it off and make a bed instead. Kinda like going back to their roots with the small trucks of the 70s.

3. gippah

gippah New Member

Since the Scion is designed for first-time buyers, there should really be a hybrid. They could call it the xH, and have it use older Prius technology.

4. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gippah @ Jun 22 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]466708[/snapback]</div>
    I agree a hybrid scion could get 80 mpg, maybe the x-prize if they worked at it. It would be another run away winner like the Prius.

5. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    But would it cost $12k as a hybrid? I highly doubt it, Scion's whole market is teenagers, and what average teenager can afford a $20k car?
    I like the truck idea, and they're using the tC engine in it which will make it more popular than the xA or xB.