1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius XM Channel Voice Command

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by lion46, Jun 5, 2014.

1. lion46

lion46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is there a way to use voice command to tune XM channels?

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. Set your fav Sirius channels in one of the channel memory pages. Of course its quicker to just push one button to tune the channel. Using the VC system requires you to look at the display screen and ultimately results in more distraction than just tuning the radio.

That said, there are several sections in the manual that detail commands, including the section on "Extended Commands", which relate to your question.

3. lion46

lion46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I can't get to the Extended Commands and have no idea which manual this is in. I have checked them all and it is not here. The only place I found it was on line and none of that content was found in my system. The on line manual claims I can say "Go Home". Doesn't work. Not recognized. Very confusing. Can't find "Main Menu" for commands either.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Without knowing what model you have and the installed nav system, its impossible to say much. Your model may not have the same setup as others.

5. lion46

lion46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    2014 Prius v 5 but no Advanced Tech package. Tech support clueless except for explaining that XM cannot be used with voice commands.

#5 lion46, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  6. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Well like I said, its easy to program pre-sets in the radio screens for Sirius channels. You can say a command to turn on the radio. Perhaps the Extended Commands are reserved for the HD nav system in the ATP. The manual is broken up into different sections for each of the different systems, you have to figure out which is yours.

7. lion46

lion46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for your help. Tech support, again, was clueless. My guess is the same as your's: those commands only available in HDD. But the manuals provided on-line don't specify which system they belong to. The manual that came with the car is correct with the limited voice Command set. You would think Toyota techs would know, right? Took your advice and used favorite pages for AM, FM and XM. Also have one page with most listened to which combines all frequencies.

8. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was disappointed for my regular Prius when I realized it couldn't do what my Dad's Kia from 4 years ago could do. "Tune XM 39". No need for assigning presets.