1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SolarCity buys Solar Panel Manufacturer Silevo

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by SageBrush, Jun 18, 2014.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Efficiency | silevo

The news talks about Elon Musk, even though the acquisition is by SolarCity. I wonder how the financing was packaged LOL

Anyway, kudos to the Musk(s). I hope they buy or build a 100 more just like this.

In other news, my hero Former U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu does not mince words in regards to Power utility obstruction of residential PV in Hawaii due to "grid stability concerns."

#1 SageBrush, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. ccdisce

ccdisce Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Elon Musk's interview yesterday after the market closed, did not have any hints on the financial arrangements.

Yes kudos to Elon Musk and his Cousins .

The vertical integration of SCTY with the high efficiency panels from Silevo Inc makes financial sense but who am I to say.
    It seems as if the' Giga' word got used again.
    <<In a blog post, Musk stated that the company is talking to New York state to produce the largest solar plant in the world. Targeted capacity is 1 GW within two years.>>

The rumor is that the LiFePO battery packs used in the Tesla cars will be exchanged for new ones when the capacity falls to 80%, the removed packs will be re-deployed as storage packs in Solar Installations possibly built by........

Presumably the battery packs from the new Mercedes B-electric drive would be accepted as Tesla supplies the Electric Divetrain.