1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sound System upgrade from Prius II, anyone did it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AllenZ, Sep 17, 2014.

1. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey, I got the II for 3 month, and my teen daughter told me that the sound is horrible compare to my fully loaded 2004. I also can't find EQ adjustment in settings. Any cure?

If nothing I can do as is, I am considering upgrade the system. Is the main problem the radio/amp or the speaker? If replacing radio/amps, any problem integrating with dashboard screen?

Also, are there any iPad (mini, maybe) based sound/GPS/display system on market? Technically it should be possible I guess. Just download an app, hide all the radio/amp in trunk or spare tire place, hard wire to speakers.... Am I dreaming?

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There are a few "plug and play" upgrades that replace the entire unit and interface with the steering wheel controls. They add lots of features like navigation and video screen. Figure about $1,000 for the upgrade. But, 2010 compatible units might be hard to find.