1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Still have satellite radio after trial period?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CireEdorel, Feb 13, 2014.

1. CireEdorel

CireEdorel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My trial of satellite radio expired in December and I never renewed because I never used it. I was showing a friend the different things in the care yesterday and the satellite radio was still working. Is this some sort of free station scenario or did they not cancel the service?

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm in the middle of my trial and I'd like to know the answer also, I'm thinking I'll not buy it, never use it, I mean who the hell is so brain dead they listen to Howard Stern.

3. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Check how MANY stations you actually get.
    Although I haven't had the chance to check it out closely, I'm pretty sure that they
    recently added a few real live channels to their "demo" mode.

Otherwise.......don't say that too loudly !! :rolleyes:

4. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Is the trial period on new Toyota's 3 months? And another question I was wondering for the headunit on the 2014 Plug-in Base, do we need the SXM NavTraffic to show the traffic on the nav, or does this run off of smartphone data? And same question about SXM TravelLink, does the headunit use XM or run off of smartphone data?

5. CireEdorel

CireEdorel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

They must have tracked me. Yesterday I was getting all the stations but today I am just now getting the 1 preview station. I should have stayed off the grid.

jgilliam1955 likes this.
  6. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They found you!!!

7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that last week and this week, every XM Sirius receiver will get free all programming! Until they figure it out
    Shhhhhh....

8. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Who wants to pay to get more crap stations? The free ones out there are ok as it is.

At least you don't get the DAB nonsense we get here. Less range than fm, breaks up more than fm in poor areas, has worse sound quality that fm (often in mono to cram more stations on) and no local stations.

Digital radio in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fm worked fine. It still works fine. It's on millions on radios so why try and change it. That's not a luddite talking, but if something works fine, why fix it for no good reason?

9. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    GC it sells more high price radios to those that think they are getting good quality sound, and believe anything they are told.
    DAB radio is a complete waste of time and our licence fees paying for the BBC transmitters required for the "service." Service that cannot be the correct word. Where I live the only way to get DAB is through the TV aerial, and a big one at that with an aerial amp, otherwise no DAB or TV.
    We were promised better sound quality than a CD, but how do you get better sound quality when the music your listening to is a CD.

John (Britprius)

10. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And transmitted at lower bit rates in mono!

Total rubbish. DAB+ isn't so bad and can cram more stations at higher rates into the same frequency, but the BBC are committed and won't back down. I bought a DAB radio for my dad in 2006. It didn't pick up anything then and now after the 'improvement' in coverage gets about 5 BBC stations if you move it to the window. And I'm only 10 miles from Leeds! What happens to people out in the sticks?

Pissed off doesn't cut it. And they're trying to push it in cars! Not a hope guys. I won't pay for it.

11. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    GC I live 28 mile north of Hereford the nearest town on the Welsh boarders "hill country" can you imagine the coverage here. Portables just do not work.

John (Britprius)

12. CTitanic

CTitanic Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In my first Prius once the free period was over all I was getting was one station full of commercials, but I'm not sure because I was all time listening to either FM or my own mp3s. In my 2013 Prius I have all my MP3 collection in an USB memory stick so losing XM is really something that I don't care. One thing is for sure, I'm not paying another subscription having other options.

13. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    They will eventually cut you off….

Sometimes when they leave it on it will only be the basic channel and all other channels are merely snippets, then you'll get the call 800 blah blah blah to actually get it reactivated.

They've sent me an email now for $25 for 8 months subscription so I'm back on… there's only a few stations I actually like...