1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Suggestions on All-Weather mats?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by FarmerAllison, May 18, 2014.

1. FarmerAllison

FarmerAllison New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone,

Buying a used 2006 Prius this week (!!!) and am looking into all-weather floor mats/liners. I've read a lot on here, but there are different opinions across forums, some posts are old, about different models, etc.

I work on a farm and tend to track a lot of mud/dirt/plant matter/etc. into my vehicles. Liquid isn't as much a problem as dirt, though certainly it happens sometimes. I'm looking at the WeatherTech Digital Fit liners, or possibly Husky Liners? I don't know if the $300 price tag is overkill... I plan to get them for front/back as well as the cargo area.

Looking for suggestions on mat color (my interior is beige-- not my first choice-- but the car was in my price range, great carfax, and has incredibly low mileage), reviews from anyone who may have tried both, where to buy, general advice, etc. Are there any cons to going with liners v. mats? Seems like liners have better coverage, but it's hard to tell. I've also read that getting to the lower storage in the cargo area is annoying with liners-- what is your experience with the Toyota OEM all-weather mat for the cargo area (which seems to be preferred by some people)...
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions/advice!

2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have WEATHERTECH liners in the front of my 2011 Prius Two. I live near the factory so I went there and picked them up. They cost about $125.00 for the two front liners. Nice fit. You can order them online. I have beige interior as well so I got light brown liners.

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    only advice I have is use only 1 floor mat at a time. a stack of floor mats can hang up the gas pedal. I have the Toyota black rubber mats. they work good for me.

4. Beachnut

Beachnut Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Waiting for our recently ordered WeatherTech front liners to show up. We live at the beach, and are on and off the beach, all the time. We put the WeatherTech mats in our new 2013 Dodge Dart, that we just lemon law-ed. But those liners were fantastic! They keep all the sand, in the liner, and do not allow it to slide past the edge onto the below carpet like regular mats would. Highly recommend them.

5. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've had WeatherTech liners in the front of my last three Prii. Wonderful liners, very durable. I suggest black (no chance of visible scuff marks). IMHO there is no need for aftermarket liners in the rear unless the family is large.

6. FarmerAllison

FarmerAllison New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    whoo hoo-- just picked up my Prius Weds and the dealer threw in the OEM mats for front and rear. They'll do! No lip but I'm less worried about spilling stuff and more about dirt/mud.

Debating about the cargo area still... definitely need some sort of coverage. Though a seat cover for the bisque cloth seats (and center console) might take priority...

7. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I got a black rubber cargo mat for the wife's car off ebay for about $45 that works really well.