1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sure you get a million of these questions a day, but is this a good price for a 2011 Prius Three?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Frazettafan, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Frazettafan

Frazettafan New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    $19500 for a 2011 Prius Three ( three for 2011, not III ) Toyota Certified with 22000 miles. Is this in the ball park or way too high. I'm not looking forargain but don't want to get ripped off either.

Thanks!

#1 Frazettafan, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  2. Heat Gun

Heat Gun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This was me 3.5 months ago and I ended up buying brand new one.. I would pay $3000 extra, have 3 years newer, brand new, zero mileage, free maintenance until 25k mileages, 3 years warranty bumper to bumper (which has expired on 2011) and most importantly as I always say, you will be the first one to fart in that car :)

you do your math

upload_2014-7-17_23-22-24.png

elementnomore likes this.
  3. Frazettafan

Frazettafan New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for your reply, but my budget stops at 20k. It's either a 2011 prius or a 2014 Prius C. It's comfort and features vs a lesser car with a better (3year vs. 1 year) warranty.

4. DrPepperholik

DrPepperholik Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I agree with Heat Gun. I was there back in May and for just $3,000 more I was able to get a brand new car with no miles and get everything I wanted feature wise (Bluetooth, back up camera, blizzard pearl and solar panel) plus I get peace of mind knowing that I have the warranty and that it only had 300 miles on it when I took delivery.

But, I can appreciate a budget. Really, it's going to depend on the market in your area. Here I have a good used market but the mileage is higher than what I wanted (40,000 tops) so I was limited in the low mileage used market. How good that price is depends on if it's got Bluetooth and the touch screen radio. I found a significant price difference between ones that did and ones that didn't. I wanted one that did. The ones that didn't have the touch screen radio and Bluetooth were in the $16,000 to $17,000 range even with low miles.

If that one has the touch screen radio and Bluetooth then I would say that's a good price.

#4 DrPepperholik, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  5. learnmedia

learnmedia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This was me last week. I went with a certified pre-owned 2011 Prius 4 with 18,900 miles with leather, solar moonroof, nav, touchscreen, bluetooth, and JBL sound, for $24,000 which was my absolute limit. Like new but not quite. Leather was a must for me so I sought out a 2011 or 2012 with low miles. The new equivalent would have been right at $29,000. Your price for the miles is good for SoCal pre-owned (very popular here).

Fantastic car btw.

6. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wanted leather too as a must and I didn't get it with the Three and didn't want to spend an extra $3,000 to get the Four with solar panel as it too was a must. But I'm going to get leather added, the leather like in most other cars not the Softex synthetic leather.

The point of that, is there are options when it comes to fabric/leather depending on what you want. I didn't want to compromise on the solar panel.

It is a great car!

learnmedia likes this.
  7. Heat Gun

Heat Gun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I walked in to the dealer I asked them to show me 2014 Prius with back up camera, blizzard color, sunroof but NO LEATHER as I hate leather seat, they were shock but understanding.. :)

learnmedia likes this.
  8. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    o_O Why do you hate leather seats? I loved the ones in my Mustang, that was the first time I had leather seats and they were great. I don't mind the cloth seats in the Prius but I do feel stuck to the seat. While I do want leather I don't need it any time soon and will probably wait. I'm also dreading the moment my son spills something on the bisque seats. What color is your interior?

9. Heat Gun

Heat Gun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My old car, bmw 5 series had leather and I loved it everyday, I rented a prius with leather seats and drove about 600 miles basically hate it, I didnt like the way it feels, it was not comfortable at all, wife and I decided to go with cloth seats and we have option to go higher quality leather seats in the future if we want to, secondly during our 600 miles trip we found out that our dog slipped all right and left because of leather

10. robertk328

robertk328 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You have the same one I do. For $500 I'll add the Clazzio leather seat covers from the PriusChat shop.

11. Frazettafan

Frazettafan New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I went with a new Prius C (fits my needs fine.) I didn't like the condition of the used Prius. I looked at it for less than a minute and knew I had to look at a new model. I just have to wait until Monday to pick up my car. Thanks for your replies.

DrPepperholik, robertk328 and ftl like this.
  12. learnmedia

learnmedia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on the new purchase!

13. learnmedia

learnmedia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Such diverse likes and dislikes within this common love for the Prius. (y) I love it!

DrPepperholik likes this.
  14. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I did not like leather either but I bought a new 2014 Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring. It has leather seats. First time leather seats for me and I really like them.

15. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The BMW leather is nice. It will get a dent from a car seat though. I plan on adding higher quality leather to my Prius one day, it's $1,100 for regular leather vs the $1,800 from the dealer for the Softex leather. I miss my leather smell from the Mustang, 2 years after I got her and she still had that leather smell.

I've thought about this and I go back and forth. I like the price but some pictures I see I don't like the "bagginess" of the covers or v

Does the Avalon have the regular leather seats or the Softex like the Prius? The Softex is more vinyl like to me and seems shiny.