1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

T-Mobile Free Music Data

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusC_Commuter, Jun 23, 2014.

1. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I read the news that T-Mobile is now allowing customers to stream/download music from certain locations without having the data count against the monthly cap. As I still have my last annual subscription of Pandora One before they prevent my annual renewal, I guess I will use Pandora now that it doesn't go against my monthly allotment. This is straightforward with running Pandora on my Nexus 5. However, does anyone have an idea what happens when you toss Toyota Entune into the mix on the Basic DisplayAudio nav? If I want to run Pandora from the head unit I need to run Toyota Entune on my phone, and the data seems to accumulate through the Entune app (according to data usage in settings). Does this mean it will go against my monthly cap even though Pandora streaming should be free?

Source: Free Music Streaming & Downloads with Simple Choice Plans | T-Mobile

Mods: I apologize if this is not the best forum to put this question under, please feel free to move it as necessary.

2. woody weaver

woody weaver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The answer would seem to be
    "Will you add more streaming providers over time? Absolutely! Any lawful and licensed streaming music service can work with us for inclusion in this offer, which is designed to benefit all of our Simple Choice customers. Click here, send us an email and we’ll get back to you to begin the process. "

So Toyota would have to register as a streamer to allow the bypass -- assuming that T-Mobile agrees, and perhaps if Entune can separate the music data from the other data.

Why not just run Rhapsody directly, and use the audio out or bluetooth streaming audio?