1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tablet stuck in lower glove compartment

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Paul F-Y, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Paul F-Y

Paul F-Y New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2013 Prius V. I recently bought a Surface Pro 3 tablet. Yesterday, I discovered that the tablet could fit in the glove compartment, if I rearranged it a bit. I put the tablet in the glove compartment and took it out several times without trouble. However, when I tried to take the glove compartment after driving for a few hours, I found that it was stuck. What I think happened is that the book I put it on top of (the entertainment system manual) slid back because of the car's vibration, forcing the tablet into the roof of the glove compartment. The glove compartment now cannot open more than about half an inch. The screen is facing downwards, and it is visible when I try to open the glove compartment. It is stuck above the door, on a part that does not move when the glove compartment opens. I don't know where the other side of the tablet is. I think that if I forced it, the compartment would open, but it might also break the glass screen of the tablet. Does anyone know how to recover the tablet (to take the door off without opening the glove compartment)?

2. Paul F-Y

Paul F-Y New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    OK, I solved this by taking out the upper glovebox, which turned out to be what the tablet was stuck against. After that, the lower one opened easily.

ftl likes this.
  3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for posting the update - glad you got it out!