1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Teaser: Now, Auto-UNLOCK after shutdown coming!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by naterprius, Mar 20, 2005.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    How many times have you shutdown your Prius, gotten out, and tried to open one of the rear doors, only to curse the fact that you forgot to hit the "unlock" button on the inside of the door? (Or perhaps cursing the fact that there is no SKS on the back doors?) Now you have to open the front door, hit the unlock button, close the door, and try the backdoor again! Or, you have to fumble for the remote, and push the unlock button, possibly TWICE, and then open the back door! By this time you wonder why you have SKS at all!

I'm currently working on an additional module that will UNLOCK ALL DOORS immediately after shutdown AND after opening the driver's door. (After 45 seconds the doors unlock anyway). It will also include an optional AUTO-LOCK 5 seconds after STARTUP.

Price will be $75 with free shipping in the contiguous USA for a limited time. This module will NOT include the Auto-Lock after shutdown feature; that is the focus of the other module.

Given that some people may want both the Auto-Lock module AND this new Auto-UNLOCK module, I will put together a package deal. I will also come up with a customer appreciation discount offer for previous customers!

I am currently testing compatibility between the two modules. They seem to be working fine, but I would like to run around with both of them a little longer before I declare the new module ready for sale.

I will also be testing compatibility with Coastal Dave's 15 MPH Auto-Lock kit. I don't anticipate any problems, but I want to try it out just to be sure.

Let's hear some feedback if you are interested in this new module!

No, I don't plan on integrating the two modules into one module, but like I said, I will make sure they coexist together without problems, I will offer a package deal, and I will of course take care of my loyal customers with a special discount.

Nate

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Try it with Dave's auto lock so it can function like a shifter-activated door lock function on the Corolla/Matrix/Solara/Camry/Avalon etc

3. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Depending on the final price, I may be interested.

RJG

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

If you have SKS, just hit the hatch latch button and it will unlock.