1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The countdown begins...

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SRM2012, Aug 11, 2012.

1. SRM2012

SRM2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello fellow C-drivers,

I take delivery of my summer rain metallic C3 on Monday, and I literally cannot contain the urge to have it right now! :D After endless weeks of searching for this color and trim, I finally found one 200+ miles away to have delivered on a two-car trailer.
    I have read numerous posts about owners settling for a different color, but I was adamant on getting my first color preference as we intend to keep this car for a long time.

To any prospective buyers: Unless you like some colors equally or don't particularly care, I suggest that you wait patiently/shop around for the color/trim that YOU want. Dealers will try to make you settle for the car in their inventory, but that's just them rearing their selfish, sales-oriented heads into the picture. Plus, you and your wallet will have to live with this decision for the next however many years.

So here's to waiting with ants in my pants... Pictures will soon follow(y)

2. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the forum & Prius family

SRM2012 likes this.
  3. Akoforever

Akoforever Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    An early Congrats to you and your future C3. I agree with you on the color. I wouldn't settle on the color. The shaddy deaherships near me kept trying to sell me a different Trim or pay extra for the color I wanted in the trim I wanted. I finally then got an offer for below MSRP in the color I wanted in the trim I wanted. Here's hoping to be a new owner of a C3 in Absolutely Red next week.

4. SRM2012

SRM2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats to you as well! I too had some trouble finding a car in this trim/color that wasn't marked up considerably, but eventually found a dealer willing to negotiate.

5. brucepmiller

brucepmiller Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Agree - worth the wait!

6. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! Join the SRM club - I think it's the best color...but I like the Moonglow and would love the Yellow and some days the Habanero....:D So many Cs - so little money!:confused:

7. littlebigland

littlebigland Sonic Blue Prius c

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I totally agree on not settling on the color! I figure if I'm paying all this money then I'm going to get what I want!

I had two colors in mind--blue and orange. If they didn't have those, I was leaving. The only c they had was the blue, so I got it! I finally saw a habanero in person and it turned out I didn't care much for the color anyway.

8. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Unless you like staring at your car all day I would suggest taking the cheapest deal you can find. You can't see the color of the car while you're driving it. :D

Congratulations on your soon-to-be new car.

9. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Rock gettin your car on. Its great you guys are sticking to your guns and making the dealer get you the car you want. I also took my deal to town to get the color I wanted and in the trim AND with the option i wanted WITH OUT the ones I did not want. I almost felt bad how had of a time i was giving them. I could feel that this was not something they are really use to having to do. Which really drives home my whole problem with setting. they just seem to care about making a easy buck, selling a car now! and really caring that its not what we want as a customer. The less we make then work for us the less they will be willing to work with us. Keep it boys and girls . . .

10. SRM2012

SRM2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks everyone!

ewaboy I totally agree! I think summer rain complements the two-tone interior very nicely.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney I was pleasantly surprised to find that the price of the car that I purchased could be negotiated way more than what any of my local stealerships were offering!

11. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well???? Did you get your SRM?? I didn't get to see your thread until just now and would have to agree with you. I was in the same boat, there was not a SRM anywhere around here but I refused to settle :) I am more than happy with my SRM and am glad that I waited.

12. SRM2012

SRM2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Drum roll.........

photo-1.JPG photo.JPG

Sorry, I was too busy driving ecstatically around town to post these pics yesterday :)

tophermd and brucepmiller like this.
  13. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yay! Looks great! Just needs tinted windows and a moonroof!