1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The easiest wax, I have ever used.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Valencia Orange, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Valencia Orange

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I own a 2013 Toyota Prius plugin, and I decided to wax it. I went to Walmart, read the labels on some of the waxes, and decided to buy a can of Mequiar's Ultimate Paste Wax. Cost about $20.00. (Comes with an applicator and cloth) This was not the cheapest wax on the shelf.

On Saturday I decided to wax the car after I washed it. The wax went on effortlessly. It came off effortlessly. The shine was outstanding.

Total time to do a thorough wax, was about 2 hours.

I have waxed cars for many years, and I have to say I will buy this wax again. As for how long it will last, I have no idea.

On Sunday I waxed another Prius, and there is still enough wax to do 1 more car.

Attached Files:

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I use Turtle Platinum liquid. Takes me about 45 min to do the v. No buffing required, you just wipe it off. My cars are garaged, and this stuff last well over a year - two if I limit washing.

3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Meg Ultimate Wax is supposedly a turning-point for Meg's waxes and sealants. Traditionally, Meg's waxes and sealants have been quite weak in durability (remember NXT 2.0?), but Ultimate Wax is supposed to be much improved.

I have been using Menzerna Power Lock and have found it to be extremely easy to apply and remove. Durability is reported to be equal to the infamous Collinite 845, which is 4-6 months. I spread a thin layer and allow the sealant to dry for a few hours to maximize bonding, then remove with a MF towel.

As with any sealant, proper preparation is what dictates the final appearance. Using a clay bar or the Nanoskin AutoScrub Wash Mitt (or the DA version), and a light polish if necessary, will greatly improve the paint's gloss and appearance. At a minimum, I would clay or use Nanoskin on the paint before applying any sealant, as this will allow for better bonding and easier removal.

If one is really ambitious, you should buy OptiCoat 2.0 and never have to seal your car again.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Meguiars makes good stuff IMO.