1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Top 10 Reasons Why My PiP is not My Old Jaguar XK8

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by bilofsky, May 6, 2012.

1. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Now that I have my PiP, it can finally be revealed that my "Other Non-Hybrid" was a 1997 Jaguar XK8. It's about as different from a Plug-in Prius as a car could be.

And here are the top ten reasons why:

10. The PiP isn’t a convertible. (But I mostly put the top down to load large objects and the PiP has more cargo space.)

9. The PiP’s trunk light doesn’t go off automatically after the hatch is left open a while. Fooey.

8. When an SUV blows past on the freeway, the XK8 doesn’t shake.

7. No visibility to the rear in the Jag. PiP has coverage both live and on TV.

6. PiP doesn’t have glove box lights. (But it has more glove boxes.)

5. When I floored the XK8, I went “Wheee!†(and the fuel level went “Glugâ€). When I floor the PiP, I go “Drat – the ICE is on.â€

4. No ignition or door key. And no more fighting with the Jag’s balky remote control.

3. The PiP reports everything, in detail. (And if it’s not enough, get a ScanGauge.) The Jag does have temp, oil and amp gauges – but they’re fakes! Just idiot lights with a needle!

2. No memory power driver’s seat, mirrors and steering wheel. And I miss them! (Dealer said, “Wait for the plug-in Lexus.â€)

And the top reason why my PiP is not a Jaguar XK8:

1. Finally – a tire I can lift! (But no spare to replace it with.)

2. Londonderry

Londonderry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    My take on this, having recently gone from 15 years with a 2002 Prius to a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace!
    RE your top ten reasons:

9. The PiP’s trunk light doesn’t go off automatically after the hatch is left open a while. Fooey.
    My Jag has a power hatch that raises and lowers itself with a button on the "key" and my torn rotator cuff is not agitated by that!

8. When an SUV blows past on the freeway, the XK8 doesn’t shake.
    My Jag is an SUV that will likely leave even the Tesla Model X eating its dust if the police don't interrupt!

7. No visibility to the rear in the Jag. PiP has coverage both live and on TV.
    My Jag has great visibility plus rear camera. The Tesla Model X has gone to overkill with attempts to reduce visibility problems that plague it in spite of all the gadgetry.

6. PiP doesn’t have glove box lights. (But it has more glove boxes.)
    My Jag has sexy interior lights softly accenting the sensuous shapes of door panels, etc. I haven't had time yet to open all the storage compartments at night and see if I get even more turned on!

5. When I floored the XK8, I went “Wheee!†(and the fuel level went “Glugâ€). When I floor the PiP, I go “Drat – the ICE is on.â€
    I cannot fully understand that point but when I get 1/4th of the way to flooring the Jag, the speed is up to 3 digit #'s , in mph, and since it has less that 600 miles on it i am avoiding going REALLY fast.

4. No ignition or door key. And no more fighting with the Jag’s balky remote control.
    Things have changed in recent years with Jags having smart keys.

3. The PiP reports everything, in detail. (And if it’s not enough, get a ScanGauge.) The Jag does have temp, oil and amp gauges – but they’re fakes! Just idiot lights with a needle!
    Who cares to diagnose problems and DIY when the dealership will take care of everything while you use a loaner that was delivered to your doorstep? I'm old and have a strong DIY genetic makeup which I have always enjoyed. However, there are only so many days left ... tho that is actually true at any age ...

2. No memory power driver’s seat, mirrors and steering wheel. And I miss them! (Dealer said, “Wait for the plug-in Lexus.â€)
    You should feel the comfort features of my Jag!!!

And the top reason why my PiP is not a Jaguar XK8:

1. Finally – a tire I can lift! (But no spare to replace it with.)[/QUOTE]
    No worries, mate, with Jag. Besides which, I have accumulated so many spinal fractures over the years that lifting bales of hay and sacks of grain for my wallabies is the most I care to do!

Cheers to all who read this!

bisco likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    with a pip, you'll never need repairs, with a jag, you'll know the service manager on a first name basis.:p

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Londonderry

Londonderry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    FYI bisco, I'm currently single and like his look! If he's available, I would like to get to know Chris on more than a first name basis ...

Addendum: Thanks to my Jag, I found a muscular college student yesterday who would like to work for me and demonstrate how well he can use said muscles!!! Never came close to that kind of experience during the 15 years with my Prius~despite being in much better shape myself for most all that time. Go figure ...

#4 Londonderry, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    bisco likes this.