Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

Toyota May Bring Back MR2 Sports Car As a Hybrid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ggood, Dec 3, 2009.

Social Buttons

1. ggood

ggood Blue PIP Aficionado

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Toyota May Bring Back MR2 Sports Car As a Hybrid | Green Business | Reuters

"I have many a fond memory of my friend's old supercharged Toyota MR2. The peppy two-seater was a rarity for its day; an affordable, fun, mid-engine sports car from the generally conservative Toyota...

Reportedly, the car would be called the MR-S (Can someone explain to me why most modern cars lack proper names? Would you like to drive a Mrs.? Er, on second thought, don't answer that) and would use a reworked version of the Prius hybrid synergy system."
  2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Your Vehicle Year:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't wait, I'll start saving now.
  3. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    More media churn - must be the day for it. Best Car in Japan has reprinted speculation from blogs and now that article is being recycled through the blogs. We had posts on this a week ago on the first round.