1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble Reinstalling Tweeters

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by adebrunner, Apr 10, 2013.

1. adebrunner

adebrunner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I searched all over the forums and the wordwide web and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I removed my tweeter covers/boxes in my 2007 with JBL package (not sure if that matters) so I could remove my door panel. I simply pulled the cover and the clips seemed to release properly. Anyway, when I pushed them back in, the bottom part snaps in snugly, but the top part is wobbly. This happened in both tweeters.

When I looked into the hole in the door where the top clip goes into, I saw a metal clip thingy that looked like it was supposed to have come off with the tweeter box, but it didn't. It's just free floating in the hole in the door. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm just doing something wrong.

Basically, I do not know what the top clip is supposed to look like or how it fastens itself to the car door, so an explanation, photo or video of that would really help me out.

Thanks!

2. adebrunner

adebrunner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Okay, so I was able to figure out what happened. There is a little metal clip that attaches to a piece of plastic to secure the top end of the speaker to the door. When I pulled out the speakers, for some reason the metal clips fell inside the door, so I didn't even know they were missing until I did some more investigation. I removed the side view mirror and peeled back a little rubber membrane behind the mirror and was able to find the clip there and put it back on the plastic pieces where they belong. From there, I just pushed the speakers back into place and we're basically as good as new. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.