1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Updating NAV/Audio System and Advanced Technology Pkg

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hcprius, Feb 12, 2014.

1. hcprius

hcprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is really two questions, but they're related so I am keeping them in the same post. If there's already a thread on one of them please just drop me a link. I did a brief search but I'm not the best at online searches and may have missed something.

Both of these questions apply to a Prius Gen III, 2011, Package 5:

- Is there a way to replace the nav/audio system I have with the one that's coming out in the newer Prius models? Either at the dealer or with the help of a technician in town. The screen looks to be about the same size, but the buttons on the dash are different, so... Not sure it would work.

- Can the Advanced Technology Package be added later in life, or is that factory only?

Thanks all!

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The 2011 and 2010 are the same so I can take a crack at it. If you're thinking about replacing the existing nav with a newer entune nav, you cant because the harness is different. If you can figure out the wiring then it might be possible but I still doubt it. And even then, it might not work 100% correctly.

Advanced Tech pack is only at the time of manufacture. It can't be added on after the fact. Also the 2010-2011 advanced tech pack's auto parking is controlled by the head unit. Replace it and you'll lose the auto parking. I do recall there was a thread a few years ago discussing what it would take to add the Advanced Technology Package.

TWong1200 likes this.
  3. TWong1200

TWong1200 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Old Topic and bumping it back up. So if replacing the head unit on a Prius 5 with ATP, losing the auto park is the only thing that is lost? Otherwise, it's a typical stereo install? I'm like to replace my unit with a newer head unit with CarPlay. Thanks