Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

"Voice-Activated" DVD Nav?

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Main Forum' started by sktn77a, May 20, 2008.

Social Buttons

1. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We got the DVD navigation system with our 05 Prius but there was little if any mention of "Voice-Activation" in the owners manual. I noticed it looks pretty much the same as my 08 Lexus IS250 so we've recently been using the DVD-Nav supplemental manual that came with the Lexus for the Prius. Most things seem similar but is there an online manual anywhere for the Gen 4 Toyota system?

Also, is the DVD Nav rearview camera retro-fittable to the 05?

Thanks!
  2. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You might check out Toyota.com. There is a very good demo on using the NAV system. Go there and select Prius, then select the Demos/Videos tab, then select Navigation System. It will walk you thru all of the NAV systems usages including inputs and deletions. You may be able to view or order a NAV manual that you are searching for.

Good Luck!!!
  3. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, that's great. Interestingly, the frequently referred to "DVD Navigation Manual" does not exist in my documentation. Maybe the 2004/2005 models didn't have detailed instructions (odd). But "Google is your friend" and I got the complete list of the commands here on PriusChat (strangely, the PriusChat search function didn't find this post or, if it did, it was buried among other posts).