1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anyone ever have a water leak on the drivers side and the passengers side?

I got a shoe full of water when I backed up and stepped on the brake exiting my drive. Cleaned it up and felt around up under the back of the firewall/floorboard and found that the parking break and the break pedal had water driping down. Also the carpet/padding up on the firewall was wet.

Checked the passenger side and it was wet too.

I was thinking it might be a window leak because water was condensing on the front corners of the window throughout the day.

THe rain is gone now and I am thinking about taking the trim off the lower part of the windshield and checking for water leaks.

Any other suggestions?

2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Could be a clogged AC drain line.

Tbkilb01 likes this.
  3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    +1 Check the drain line on the A/C unit. Sounds like it is stopped up. Common problem with Prius, especially if you don't use the system all of the time and run LO a lot...

Ron (dorunron)

4. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If the drain is stopped up, how does it get water all the way over to the drivers side in such a large quantity and where was it being stored? I will check it and blow it out today.

5. My590L

My590L Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    One way to check if its the AC or not is to run water into the windshield cowl area (the black plastic trim area at the bottom of the windshield that collects and directs water that runs off the windshield). Make sure you run water along the entire length. If no water accumulates inside the car, then its probably the AC. If water is inside the car, then you probably have a cowl issue caused by either a bad spot weld and/or not enough body sealer. I used to work in a Toyota assembly plant, and this issue came up and once in a while after a robot welder adjustment and the weld was too hot and blew a hole in the sheet metal and/or the sealer deck folks didn't run body sealer in all the right spots. Hope this helps!