1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel alignment recommendations

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by srivenkat, Apr 4, 2014.

1. srivenkat

srivenkat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Hello All,

My Prius seems to be lately pulling slightly to the right after switching out the winter tires/wheels. Another issue I have always had is that at highway speeds, I always find myself having to give slight inputs to the steering constantly to keep it going straight.

I am planning to take the car in for an alignment in the next few days and I was wondering if there are recommended alignment settings that have been known to work better than the factory specs.

Thanks.

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Beware of worn ball-joints. My old Corolla (292k miles) showed similar symptoms, as well as wearing the tyres abnormally.

DROID4 ?

3. srivenkat

srivenkat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I had the alignment checked yesterday and although front right caster and rear left toe are slightly out of the ranges, the alignment tech said to ignore them since the total toe is still in range. I would appreciate any suggestions/advice. Attached is the alignment sheet.

Attached Files:

4. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wonder why did the tech say to ignore the fact that some of the measurements were out? To me, the thing is either right, or wrong! No in-between, a bit like being "just a little bit" pregnant! ;) I think I'd want it to be right on the button, especially if I were paying for the tyres!

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Your rear toe is way off on one side. My car was delivered from the factory the same way except it was the right rear on mine, the left rear on yours. You need to go to a good alignment shop (maybe not the dealer) and they can shim the left rear. It will make highway speed handling much better, trust me.

6. srivenkat

srivenkat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I took it to another Alignment shop this morning and they reported everything within alignment specs (all green).

TO THE MODERATOR: I have the title wrong here. If you can replace "recommendations" in the title with "advice needed", I would appreciate it. Thanks.

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did you get a printout of the latest alignment check? Your toe on the LR was pretty bad on the previous one.