1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Fuse Covers the NAV?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by LOLGuy, Oct 15, 2007.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Posted in the Technical Forum without response, so I'm hoping someone here may have an idea:

Would anyone know what fuse the AV maps to? As described in other threads I've recently had a problem with my AV and before replacing the drive I want to ensure the lack of power isn't a fuse issue. Thanks for any assistance!

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the fuse you are looking for is at the location with the red arrow. (see attached image)

Attached Files:

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hobbit may have your answer... he had my answer regarding a fuse not too long ago... I haven't posted about my little *oops* yet though ;) From my brief and under-infromed glance at the wiring diagrams, there are maybe 3 fuses involved in that system, so it might depend on exactly what you're trying to "fix." Perhaps a good approach would be a visual inspection to assess if any of your fuses in the driver side junction box are blown?

4. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the responses. I went the route of checking each fuse in the junction box as well as engine well. Came to the understanding that I'm not as flexible as I used to be!

The good news is that all the fuses are fine...

That means the bad news is that it probably is the smaller of the two NAV boards that has gone bad. As there doesn't seem to be a way to pick up only that piece, it looks like I'm in the market for a new unit.

Contacted the local dealer regarding a replacement and they were truly clueless; quoted me $5,000+ for a new NAV unit. When I tried to explain it was only the "drive" that needed to be replaced, they told me it wasn't possible to replace only that component.

If anyone knows where I can pick up a reasonably priced 86841-50090 (gen 4), please let me know. Already scouring ebay, so no one bid against me. ;)

Ichabod, I'm looking forward to reading about your oops. Good luck!

Thanks, again, folks.

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My story is not very compelling.. here's a preview:

"I think I'll splice a wire... oops! I think I'll replace that fuse now."

A couple pictures will make it more interesting :)

I don't know about ebay being a good source, but you might try a junkyard. Again Hobbit might be able to help you there, as I noticed he spent some time taking wrecked Prii apart on his last publicized road trip.