1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will a Palm Pilot pair successfully with the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by eklisiewicz, Jun 12, 2008.

1. eklisiewicz

eklisiewicz New Member

Hi folks, Has anyone ever tried to upload their Contacts from a PDA
    such as a Palm to the Prius telephone book? I do not mean a Treo or Centro phone, but just a regular old PDA like my Tungsten E2.

I tried doing this and it did not work. Although the E2 recognized the Prius and I added it as a trusted device, the Prius would not connect to the E2 since it's not a phone.

I was hoping to upload my contacts, but it looks like there is no way to get this to work. If there is, I would love to hear it, because I have been scouring the Net for an answer.

Thanks,

EK :confused:

2. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes - it will. I purchased a Dyno-scan from Auterra. They provide all the necessary cables, adapters, and software. I actually own a Garmin iQue 3600, which uses the Palm OS, but I'm sure they can provide the exact adapter for your Palm.

btw- their product works pretty well. Probably not as good as the CAN-VIEW which utilizes the built-in MFD, or a larger LCD, but I think it's better than the Scanguage product.

Good luck!

3. carz89

carz89 I study nuclear science...

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry - I read the subject line and replied to the question in the subject before fully reading your text.

The application I previously mentioned is an automotive scanner to hook up to your OBD2 port. It will display automotive performance and diagnostic data on your palm screen.

This won't help you transfer address book data to your MFD. I don't know of an application that will do that, but there are some extremely smart and talented people on this forum who are amazing at tinkering with their Priuses. I'll bet it's possible. Good luck!